A Day in the Life – video made by kids in the slums of Calcutta

Blog entry created by: Teresa

The kids in our computer / video class made this incredible movie about their day to day lives and their dreams for the future.

zp8497586rq
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Posted on: February 13, 2011 | Categories: Children International, Economic Opportunity, Education, Environment, Health Care, Health Education- Calcutta, ideas for educators, India, News, Poverty, recreation, Snacks and Food, Sports, Traditions, Videos

9 comments

• Damon says:

Very cool! Nice work, guys. It’s encouraging to see all those smiling faces. And who would have guessed the youths favorite cricket team was Australia?!

• Teresa Teresa says:

Damon, I was surprised about that, too!

• My new e mail is olivekeller@verizon.net. The movie is fantastic. I caught a glimpse of Doug and possibly Bella and Alex not sure. God what hope and what happiness amid such hardship. We just had a 16 yr old boy shoot a police officer to death in St.petersburg. What hope is there ? How can we understand this? I was worried since I hadn’t heard from you but if you can try to call. lol mom hi Doug lol also

• Sent comment under under old email address where did it go. Anyway.I changed it to the new one and we will see what happens. Beautiful movie and you look fantastic. doug looks great too. love you all. mom and grandma

• Teresa, Please contact me if you can miss you. love mom

• kathleen keller says:

What an uplifting movie of so many happy people.I am constantly amazed at the encouragement and inspiration and hope you and your family are giving to so many. You will be forever blessed.

• Teresa Teresa says:

Well, those kids gave more to me than I could ever give to them. Their families and neighborhoods are amazing! We couldn’t believe what their youth groups were doing to help themselves and their communities, and their positive attitudes about the future. Awesome! I will live my own life differently because of them.

• Renee says:

I have spent the last hour reading your website after reading article in UU World. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences. You have given me a lot to think about. You are right that your children are forever changed. I encourage you to continue to try to share your experiences with others

• Teresa Teresa says:

Thanks a lot, Renee! We are behind in our blogging after arriving in the US to take a break a few days ago. It is wonderful to travel and help people, and also wonderful to come home and see the people we’ve been missing for almost a year!! :-)

Pictures

everyday life podcast kids in class1

Blog Categories

Click to Help

Click to Help
100% of your donations
goes to fund projects

We are covering all travel
expenses

or

Adopt

a project today!

Spread The Word

5¢ per visit per day
Visitor's have raised:

$446,932.40

Total Raised:

$285,432.00

Video Categories

© 2010 - 2018 Round the World with us. All rights reserved.
Website design by Jackrabbit