Doug Tilden – President
Born in Weymouth Massachusetts, Doug Tilden has an extensive background in international transportation and has lived and traveled overseas extensively. Doug managed operations for the United Sates Lines Company in several ports in the United States and overseas in Micronesia, Asia, the Middle East and South America. After U.S. Lines ceased operation in 1987 Doug went on the successfully manage and grow a U.S. based port operating company with a large overseas client base before selling the company in 2007.
During his years in international transportation Doug has visited or worked in over 60 countries and has had broad exposure to global cultures and conditions. These experiences, particularly a 1984 trip to India, have brought Doug to become actively engaged in international humanitarian issues.
Currently Doug is involved in many organizations with a primary theme being international education and global awareness, including:
- Major sponsorship of a girls education project in India with CARE
- Sponsorship and involved donor engagement with Children International, also on projects in India
- Board member of World Savvy, a Global education organization.
- Trustee of the Archaeological Institute of America with focus on outreach and education.
- Trustee of the Asian Art Museum and chairperson for the education committee.
Doug also maintains an active role various cultural organizations including the Ancient Arts Council, Society for Asian Art, The Steamship Historical Society, The T.E. Lawrence Society, The American Conservatory Theater and The SFJAZZ music organization.